About Me


Name: Unknown
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by
Free Blogger templates
Thursday, December 06, 2007
He's the African Clark Gable, Jo-Jo, the Cannibal Kid
Sightseeing and adventuring has come to a pretty abrupt stop for this semester. Chelsea and I have different schedules, and mine has been pretty demanding so far. November was a slow month. After classes, I was normally in the library. However, there was one weekend that was wonderful! This year we were actually able to have a full blown Thanksgiving dinner! One of the girls from my Akkadian class was able to find nearly all the ingredients. We had two huge turkeys (big by Israeli standards, they might have been a bit small for American - about half the size!), stuffing, mashed potatoes (courtesy of Jonah), sweet potatoes (though without the marshmallows. Israeli marshmallows are not very good, they make them without a key ingredient so they will be kosher), green bean casserole, carrots, more stuff I am probably forgetting now, and apple pies, and pumpkin pies! It was the highlight of the holidays! (So far... I am getting a box from home - that might take the cake!)


Lee is carving the turkey:
Our fabulous hostess, Sarah!
Everyone ready to eat:
Cutting the pies. Who's got room left?? :)

That was the last hurrah before both Chelsea and I got sick. I am not sure what Chelsea got, she has been coughing a lot. :( After two weeks of having a swollen and sore throat, I finally went to the doctor when my sinuses started hurting pretty bad. I came home with antibiotics for sinusitis. When my throat culture came back negative, the doctor informed me the likelihood of me having mono was very high. I have spent the last week in bed. Not exactly the best way to spend the holidays. Though a week off from classes... :) Hard to complain about that! I just wish I could have enjoyed it more! Though I did manage to make it through a season of House. Time well-spent. ;)
posted by Unknown @ 7:05 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger C-4 said…

    I hate you. I am in Des Moines Iowa. Nothing I ever do will compete with the awesome stories your life has accumulated. Let me know next time you are in the states.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home